Det følgende indlæg er på engelsk, da jeg har en idé om at der sidder rigtig mange rundt omkring med samme problematik som jeg havde.
The other day I upgraded to iTunes 11 and after I did that, I could no longer sync videofiles (mp4) from my Mac (running Snow Leopard) using the Windows Phone 7 Connector app. Normally the procedure is as follows:
- Add the files to the iTunes library
- Choose “Movies & TV Shows” in the Windows Phone 7 Connector app
- Choose the files you want to sync
- Hit “Sync”
After the iTunes upgrade the mp4-files would no longer show up in the Windows Phone 7 Connector app, which makes them really, really hard to select. I did a bit of googling, but either I’m not as good as googling as I think, or else it seems that it just isn’t that common a problem. I tried re-encoding the files using Handbrake, but that didn’t help, so what to do?
I did find a solution, and it’s a strange one, but it seems to work:
- Add the files to your iTunes library
- Add the files to a playlist
- Choose “Music” in the Windows Phone 7 Connector app
- Choose the playlist that you added the files to
- Hit “Sync”
It did the trick for me, and if you stumbled upon this blog looking for the solution for the same problem, I sure hope it works for you as well 🙂